The Waldinger Corporation is your one-stop shop for industrial refrigeration solutions. We provide service for all types of industrial refrigeration facilities, including service and maintenance on existing equipment or installation and startup of new systems.
Our highly-trained and certified technicians are experienced in serving all mechanical, electrical and controls components in an industrial refrigeration system. We perform planned maintenance, predictive maintenance, control upgrades, emergency shutdowns and mechanical integrity inspections that ensure your industrial refrigeration system is properly maintained and operating efficiently.
Industries We Serve
- Food processing and distribution facilities
- Frozen food facilities
- Bakery facilities
- Meat packing facilities
- Brewery and bottling facilities
- Cold storage facilities
- Industrial plant refrigeration systems
- Chemical plant refrigeration systems
- Process water cooling systems
Our highly trained and certified technicians are experienced in servicing all mechanical, electrical and controls components found in an industrial refrigeration ammonia system. They perform planned and predictive maintenance, control upgrades, emergency shutdowns and mechanical integrity inspections to ensure your industrial refrigeration system is properly maintained.
We specialize in being your emergency service response team. Our technicians and leaders are on call 24/7/365 to make sure that you get the service you need, when you need it. We fully understand the importance of keeping your system operational and how detrimental any operational downtime can be. When an issue arises, let our trained technicians take care of your business. Give us a call and we’ll make your business our priority.
After we have gotten your facility back up and running, we will provide you a detailed work order report, sent to an email of your choosing, outlining the work performed during the service visit along with the condition of the equipment. We maintain a complete log of all service activity and future scheduling in our system and can provide it to you any time.
We understand that your ammonia system represents a considerable investment that makes planned maintenance imperative. We tailor your planned maintenance plans to tackle the requirements of your facility and processes while also addressing your specific priorities. Our planned maintenance agreements are designed to improve your facility’s operations and lower costs by:
- Addressing lifecycle cost issues, maximizing equipment life expectancy
- Maximizing energy efficiency of equipment to reduce energy costs
- Reduce emergency outages with reliable operational equipment
Safe, timely and professional installation is crucial. Waldinger employs experienced pipe fitters and certified pipe welders to construct your refrigeration system, and we take pride in fabricating systems that uphold all refrigeration piping codes and standards.
Process Safety Management (PSM)
Facilities that use, process or store highly hazardous chemicals in excess of threshold quantities set forth in the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) list of regulated chemicals 40 CFR Part 68 must comply with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Process Safety Management (PSM) standard 29 CFR 1910.119 and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Risk Management Program (RMP) 40 CFR Part 68.
These PSM programs protect your employees, the community and the environment. They also help reduce process downtime and ensure process operability by using a systematic approach to identifying, evaluating and controlling potential hazards threatening your industrial refrigeration ammonia system and processes.
A PSM is required when your facility has 10,000 pounds or more of anhydrous ammonia on its property or if you are modifying a smaller system that will put you over the 10,000-pound threshold (for example, if you’re upgrading your refrigeration system and it will exceed 10,000 pounds or if you’re building a new facility that will exceed the 10,000-pound threshold quantity).
When you choose The Waldinger Corporation to implement your PSM for your industrial refrigeration ammonia system, you can rest assured that you’re investing in a comprehensive program that will help you navigate all of the EPA and OSHA PSM requirements such as:
- Process safety management program planning and implementation
- Process hazard analysis (new systems, significant system modifications and five-year revalidation)
- Five-year mechanical integrity inspection
- Three-year compliance safety audits
If you are not sure that your facility or current PSM program would pass an EPA/OSHA inspection, let us help you with a compliance audit. The Waldinger Corporation is involved in many associations that develop and educate the industrial refrigeration industry including IIAR (International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration), MCA (Mechanical Contractors Association), RETA (Refrigerating Engineers and Technicians Association) and ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers). Give us a call and let our network of knowledge, extensive training and years of experience go to work for you!
In addition to the multitude of services to ensure your system is operating at its optimal performance and in compliance with the EPA and OSHA guidelines, we also provide a host of specialty services for your industrial facility. From vibration and oil analysis to laser alignment and compressor overhauls, our technicians have many hours of specialty training to satisfy all of your service needs.
Specialty Service Capabilities
- Ultrasonic piping/vessel thickness testing (visual and non-destructive)
- Pipe stress analysis-load calculations
- Annual compressor safety checks
- Ammonia leak detector testing and calibration
- Compressor oil analysis
- Compressor vibration analysis
- Laser alignment/dynamic balancing
- Engine room ventilation design
- Relief header calculations
- NH3 inventory calculations
- Piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Block flow diagrams
- Mass and energy balances
- Writing site-specific standard operating procedures
- Training for your operating personnel (using standard operating procedures other materials)
- Pre-startup safety review of new equipment to meet all requirements prior to starting up the process
- Incident investigation of any releases of ammonia to prevent future occurrences
- Training for your other contractors working in your facility to keep them abreast of the hazards of your industrial refrigeration system
- Emergency planning and response – working with your staff to develop emergency action plans in the event of an ammonia release
Other Commercial/Industrial Capabilities
- HVAC and comfort cooling
- Boilers and steam traps
- Mechanical piping
- Plumbing, drain cleaning and hydro-jetting
- Sheet metal – fabrication and installation
- Balancing – air and water
- Electrical – service and installation
- Vibration analysis
- Laser alignment
- Infrared thermography
- Ultrasonic testing
- Dynamic balancing
- Commercial food equipment repair
We currently provide service in Missouri, Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska. Chances are we have a trained industrial solutions technician working near your facility. Don’t wait for an emergency – give us a call today and let our network of knowledge, experience and extensive training go to work for you!
Contact your Waldinger industrial refrigeration expert, Stacy, today!