Survey Technician (Omaha, NE)
The Waldinger Corporation is currently seeking a Survey Technician. The preferred candidate will be an excellent communicator, assertive problem-solver, and customer service-oriented to work with trade craft to optimize piping, plumbing and sheet metal layout utilizing survey equipment. This position is located in our La Vista, NE office.
- Communicate effectively with crew leaders, members and other survey staff
- Provide training and operational support to jobsite crew in the proper use and care of robotic total stations and associated equipment
- Establish or confirm jobsite control points for use in building construction layout
- Operate 3D laser scanners to capture existing jobsite conditions
- Maintain survey equipment by completing preventative maintenance, performing field calibrations and coordinating manufacturer calibrations and service
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced construction environment that is in a growth mode
The Waldinger Corporation is a premier mechanical, sheet metal and service contractor operating under a people-first approach. With Headquarters in Des Moines, IA and offices throughout the Midwest, since 1906, The Waldinger Corporation has built a reputation as an industry leader.
- 2-5 years of experience working on or with a survey crew preferred
- Working knowledge of survey equipment and construction required
- Two year degree in Surveying or related degree a plus
- Ability to maintain a working list of tasks and self-manage priorities
- Ability to travel within the region on short notice
- Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing and able to operate company-owned vehicles
The Waldinger Corporation is an EOE, including disability/vets.
The Waldinger Corporation participates in E-Verify.
keywords: surveyor; Trimble; GPS; civil engineering technology; civil engineering technician
Address: 8802 South 121st Street, La Vista, NE 68128