Learning Developer - Training
The Waldinger Corporation, a premier mechanical, sheet metal, electrical, and service contractor, seeks an experienced professional to fill our Learning Developer role. This position is part of our Learning and Development department and is located in our Des Moines, IA, corporate office. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing organization!
The Learning Developer will work closely with the Learning and Development department, as well as Subject Matter Experts, to review, prepare and ensure timely and effective delivery of virtual end-user training. This role will provide consultation on and development of products such as educational materials, eLearning curricula and videos to support Waldinger objectives.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Use common instructional design methods (e.g. ADDIE Model, 6Ds, etc) to analyze, design and develop a variety of learning support approaches, materials and frameworks to ensure support of our business needs.
- Develop learning assessments and knowledge checks (e.g. Kirkpatrick 4 levels)
- Influence new and creative approaches to delivering content to learners through eLearning, mobile learning, or blended learning results-oriented solutions
- Design and deliver instructor-facilitated training, as needed
- Perform other duties as requested
- Minimum of 2-4 years of proven experience as an eLearning developer in a corporate environment
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Instructional Design/Curriculum Development preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Storyline 360, Audio editing software, video editing software, web meeting software, and PDF creation and editing software. Cornerstone or other Learning Management System experience is a plus.
- Ability to simplify concepts, procedures and complex technical information
- Strong communication, organizational skills and interviewing skills for course design
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team
- Occasional travel required
EOE-AA/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
keywords: training, T&D, training and development, continuing education, employee development
Address: 2601 Bell Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50321