Human Resources Coordinator
We are looking for an efficient Human Resources (HR) Coordinator to undertake a variety of HR administrative duties. You will facilitate daily HR functions like keeping track of employees records and supporting the on-boarding process. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities. They will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations. Ultimately, you should be able to contribute to the attainment of specific goals and results of the HR department and the organization.
- NEW HIRE DOCUMENTATION - Prepares New Hire Status forms for approval by reviewing forms for accuracy and collecting new hire documentation (applications, pay stubs, references, transcripts) ensuring completeness before being routed for approval. Completes background checks. Works with managers to clarify/correct data on forms. Attaches Offer Letters, Employment Agreements, Applications, OAD’s and background checks to New Hire forms.
- DATA ANALYTICS – Provides reporting and analysis of data related to HR programs.
- KRONOS – Supports development and testing of Kronos modules. Provides ongoing support for employees and managers.
- BACKGROUND CHECKS – Processes background checks and notifies managers of results. Verifies compliance with our company guidelines.
- OPEN POSITIONS – Provides accurate reporting of job openings and positions filled. Ensures open positions posted to the company website are current.
- GOVERNMENT COMPLIANCE – Maintains EEO database, collects new hire information for tax credits, reports quarterly earnings for state unemployment, and other related tasks as assigned.
- DRUG SCREENING – Serves as the company contact person for drug testing. Administers drug screening for company quarterly and as required.
- HR MAILBOX – Checks the inbox daily and provides a response or directs the inquiry to the appropriate party for resolution.
- UNION NEW HIRES – Conducts new hire processing for Des Moines Union employees.
- BENEFITS SUPPORT – Acts as a backup to the Benefits Coordinator for new hire orientations for all employees. Welcomes employees to the company and reviews benefits, e-Time procedures, and company policies and procedures. Provides benefit and other communication materials and assists with employee questions as needed.
- APPLICANT TESTING – Acts as a backup for applicant testing programs. This includes the OAD and Wonderlic processes.
- OTHER DUTIES - Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel and MS Powerpoint, in particular)
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems
- Ability to work with ATS software (Kronos)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Good organizational and time management skills
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
THE WALDINGER CORPORATION is a premier mechanical, sheet metal, electrical and service contractor operating under a people-first approach. With headquarters in Des Moines. The Waldinger Corporation has branches throughout the Midwest United States and has built a reputation as an industry leader since its beginning in 1906.
The Waldinger Corporation is an EOE, including disability/vets.
The Waldinger Corporation participates in E-Verify.
Address: 2601 Bell Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50321