THE WALDINGER CORPORATION, a premier service, mechanical, electrical and sheet metal contractor operating under a people-first approach is seeking a qualified Facility Manager to join our growing company. The Facility Manager will assess and maintain the real property of the organization, in good condition and in a professional manner. Our properties are located throughout the Midwest and Southeastern United States.
- Develop a plan for rotating inspection of properties. Perform the inspections to assess the general condition of the property, including specific assessments of roofs, HVAC, mechanical and electrical systems, paint and paved areas of the facility.
- For each of the properties, develop a plan for the required and anticipated maintenance, repair and capital improvement items for each property.
- Create and maintain a property database, tracking property details such as inspections, maintenance and repair history, and capital improvement plans.
- Complete business case analysis for repair and capital improvements and provide recommendations.
- Some travel required
EOE-AA/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
- Experience with facility operations, construction or related background
- Ability to perform the property inspections
- Good organization skills and the ability to multi-task
- Solid computer skills with MS Excel
- Competency in reading construction plans and documents preferred
- Two-year technical degree a plus
- Ability to lift, push or pull 50 lb.
Address: 2601 Bell Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50321