Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Growing, Mechanical industry leader has an opportunity in the Des Moines area to maintain the building and grounds; building repairs, additions, renovations, and ensure building and grounds areas meet operational and safety standards. Will also assist with fleet operations.
- Inspect, perform and coordinate preventative maintenance on all HVAC, plumbing, electrical and other building systems.
- Inspect building and grounds areas to meet operational and safety standards and perform corrective actions.
- Perform and oversee landscape, lawn care, winter weather cleanup, vending and housekeeping functions of the property.
- Perform and oversee furniture installation & repairs, additions, renovations and reconditioning.
- Works with employees, departments and outside vendors/contractors on warranty and repair functions.
- Order parts and supplies.
- Transport company vehicles, receive new vehicles, install GPS units and prepare retired vehicles to be sold.
- Performing other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Three years of commercial facility management experience. General working knowledge of electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems; able to supervise and perform repairs on the building and grounds in an efficient and safe manner; able to follow written and oral instructions and communicate with management, employees, and outside vendor/contractors in a friendly and businesslike manner; able to keep accurate work records; ability to deal with emergency situations calmly and effectively; proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); able to regularly lift weights over 50 pounds; able to climb ladders, work in high and confined spaces. Must possess a valid Iowa driver’s license and qualify and maintain a commercial motor vehicle certification (non-CDL).
The Waldinger Corporation is an EOE, including disability/vets.
The Waldinger Corporation participates in E-Verify.
Address: 2601 Bell Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50321