Seeking an Estimator to perform Mechanical take-offs and accurately build pre-construction/ construction documents across a wide range of commercial projects. The main goal is to provide detailed reports that will enable the corporation to make informed decisions to enhance profitability and growth. Key duties include: review mechanical, sheet metal and electrical drawings/specifications to prepare quantity take-offs; incorporate feedback from various departments to better provide accurate quotes, pricing and information to the client; perform detailed cost estimates by breaking down items of work on an orderly and logical basis; identify and compute costs after reviewing specific labor, material and time requirements; obtain quotes for materials, services and sources; maintain a cost database for future reference; while utilizing/adhering to Waldinger standards, assist with process improvement and the development of procedures. Essential qualifications:
- An Engineering degree is preferred
- A working knowledge of computerized Estimating Systems
- Demonstrated understanding of Construction Documents
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Computer proficiency with M.S. Office products
- The ability to work alone as well as with others in a professional manner
- Organized with strong attention to the details
- Responsiveness to the needs of both internal and external customers
- Associates Degree preferred or a high school degree with equivalent work experience.
Based on experience/education.
Health Insurance, Term Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Profit Sharing Plan, 401-K Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Health Club Reimbursements Plan, Tuition Reimbursement Plan, Free Parking
Address: 2601 Bell Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50321