Construction Site Safety Manager
Seeking a dynamic individual to join our team! This person will use their strong technical safety experience to assist in our safe-production efforts. The Site Safety Manager will be an energetic self-starter. This individual will serve as the strategic catalyst for communicating and managing our site safety plan.
- Manage the new hire orientation process.
- Lead pre-planning meetings.
- Create and communicate JHA’s covering major work components.
- Apply an existing site safety plan to our production practices and make recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluate the performance of field employees.
- Facilitate with problem solving.
- Develop and present topic specific safety training.
This individual will also be responsible for conducting accident investigations and providing recommendations to prevent recurrence, assisting with post injury management, facilitating pre-task safety planning, administering a drug-free workplace program, and acting as the designated company spokesperson in regards to safety related elements.
This position is supported by our Iowa Safety Manager.
- A minimum of two years safety experience in construction safety management, construction management or loss control within the insurance industry.
- Recent 30-Hour OSHA Training
- Safety education degree or related field preferred.
- Ability to create partnerships with existing operational leaders.
- Ability to lead.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken.
The Waldinger Corporation is an EOE, including disability/vets.
The Waldinger Corporation participates in E-Verify.
Address: 2601 Bell Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50321