Assistant Corporate Controller
ASSISTANT CORPORATE CONTROLLER
The Waldinger Corporation, a premier mechanical, sheet metal, electrical, and service contractor, seeks a driven, process-oriented professional with strong analytical skills.
The Assistant Corporate Controller position will be located in Des Moines, IA and will support our offices throughout the Midwest and Southeastern United States. Occasional travel is required. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing organization!
The Waldinger Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package, including competitive salary and profit sharing! Please send résumé with salary requirements for consideration.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Manager of Financial Reporting with the preparation and review of the Waldinger monthly financial statements.
- Assist with holding regular meetings with the accounting staff to assure we are in alignment with Best Practices and seek out and encourage their input.
- Aid in identifying process improvements. Work with Corporate Controller and managers to implement changes.
- Help with the reconciliation of accounting data from acquired companies’ records to the information uploaded into Waldinger accounting systems.
- Provide assistance in creating budget data and work papers in preparation of year-end audit and tax returns.
- Review monthly general ledger reconciliations and accuracy of general ledger postings, review fixed asset accounting and assist with oversight of special projects. Supervise accounting staff as directed by the Corporate Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of construction industry experience, or 5+ years of public accounting experience with an emphasis on dealing with construction clients
- Must be able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in MS Office programs with a solid background utilizing MS Excel
- Problem-solving ability and strong organizational skills, as well as attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work alone as well as with others in a professional manner
- Occasional travel required
The Waldinger Corporation is an OE. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.”
The Waldinger Corporation participates in E-Verify.
Address: 500 SW 7th Street, Suite 100, Des Moines, IA 50309